Dealing with stress

(English)

Hi guys! It's Bia! How have you been? Studying for exams as well? We have been quite busy. January is always a nightmare for college students 馃!

We have a hard time dealing with failure during this time. We are constantly worried about the idea of failing an exam, of having to repeat a subject... we spend so much time being scared that we forget other things 馃槙.

Don't get us wrong, we want to succeed and do well in exams, but... we cry, we feel frustrated, we don't sleep, we worry ourselves until a point of being completly miserable 馃様. I am a bit more guilty of this. I have such high stress levels 馃搱 during exam season that I used to end up in the hospital a couple of times due to the crazy amount of stress I put my body into trying to study so hard... And when this happened I was constatly thinking that I had to go home study 馃槄馃樁. Even though I was in an emergency room with a doctor telling me I was completly exausthed and needed to rest to recover 馃し馃徎‍♀️馃槙.

I am much better know 馃挭馃徎, but I still feel a lot of difficulties at dealing with my emotions during this times. I am stressed because of exams and presentations and also with my internship that is about to begin. I am not, by no means, perfect at dealing with all of this, but I am getting better 馃槍馃槉. I no longer go to the hospital because I burned out my brain, I don't have entire "crying" days where I used to just cry myself until exausthion, saying I was going to fail... I worry, I try my best (as Andr茅 asks me 馃挭馃徎馃き) and yes, I cry a bit sometimes and then go back into work and try again 馃挭馃徎.

Everytime we fail, we learn something new. A lesson is not something to be overlooked ☝馃徎. Is something we can pick up and use it to turn a good version of ourselves into an even better version 馃槍. A stronger and wiser version 馃挭馃徎馃. So next time you feel like you fail, remember to learn something from that. You failed a test? Ask the professor where were you strenghts and weaknesses. You failed an interview? Try again and work on yourself. Failure is just one of the many steps in life 馃拋馃徎‍♀️馃槉. Don't let that tell you your worth! 馃挭馃徎 Always aim to be better and try again!

(Portugu锚s)

Ol谩 pessoal! Daqui 茅 a Bia! Como t锚m estado? Tamb茅m est茫o a estudar para os exames? N贸s temos estado bastante ocupados. O m锚s de janeiro 茅 sempre um pesadelo para universit谩rios 馃.

N贸s temos dificuldade a lidar com o falhan莽o neste altura. Estamos constantemente preocupados com a ideia de falhar num exame, ter de repetir uma disciplina.... passamos tanto tempo assustados que esquecemos outras coisas 馃槙.

N茫o nos interpretem mal, n贸s queremos ter sucesso e sair-nos bem nos exames, mas...... choramos, ficamos revoltados, n茫o dormimos, preocupamo-nos a n贸s pr贸prios at茅 um ponto que ficamos completamente miser谩veis 馃様. Eu sou a mais culpada disto. Tenho n铆veis de stress t茫o elevados 馃搱 durante os exames que costumava acabar no hospital algumas vezes devido 脿 quantidade maluca de stress em que punha o meu corpo ao tentar estudar t茫o afincadamente...e quando isso acontecia eu estava constantemente a pensar que tinha de ir para casa voltar a estudar 馃槄馃樁. Apesar de estar nas urg锚ncias com um m茅dico a dizer-me que estava completamente exausta e que precisava de descansar para recuperar 馃し馃徎‍♀️馃槙.

Estou muito melhor agora 馃挭馃徎, mas ainda sinto muitas dificuldades a lidar com as minhas emo莽玫es durante estas alturas. Estou stressada com os exames e as apresenta莽玫es que tenho de fazer e ainda com o meu est谩gio que est谩 para come莽ar. N茫o sou de forma nenhuma perfeita a lidar com tudo isto, mas estou a melhorar 馃槍馃槉. N茫o vou mais para o hospital por ter "queimado" o meu c茅rebro, n茫o tenho dias inteiros de "choro" em que eu costumava simplesmente chorar at茅 exaust茫o dizendo que ia falhar.... Eu preocupo-me, dou o meu melhor (como o Andr茅 me pede 馃挭馃徎馃き) e sim, choro um bocado 脿s vezes e volto ao trabalho outra vez 馃挭馃徎.

Sempre que falhamos, aprendemos algo novo. Uma li莽茫o n茫o 茅 algo que possa ser posto de parte ☝馃徎. 脡 sim, algo que podemos usar para tornar uma vers茫o boa de n贸s pr贸prios ainda melhor 馃槍. Uma vers茫o mais forte e s谩bia 馃挭馃徎馃. Portanto da pr贸xima vez que falharem, lembrem-se de aprender algo com isso. Falharam num teste? Perguntem ao professor onde estiveram melhor e pior. Correu mal a entrevista? Tentem novamente e trabalhem em v贸s pr贸prios. O falhan莽o 茅 apenas uma dos muitas etapas da vida 馃拋馃徎‍♀️馃槉. N茫o deixem que isso dite o vosso valor! 馃挭馃徎 Apontem sempre para serem melhores e tentar novamente!

Comments