A day of cooking sweet rice with almonds 🍚🎄

 

(English)

Today I took the cooking book out of the selves and decided to try something new. Sweet rice is such a Christmas experience here that I had to risk making it. Plus, André stopped by today and I really wanted to surprise him. I think I did quite well 👩🏻‍🍳*.

Even though I follow the book, I changed the recipe because I either didn't have the right ingredients (very common around here hahah) or I thought they added to much sugar 😅.

Recipe:

I boiled water (700 mL) and added lemon 🍋 and orange 🍊 peel. I added salt (tea spoon), cinnamon (1/2 tea spoon), orange zest, rice (200 g) and butter (40 g). At the same time I boiled milk 🥛 (800 mL) and added a bit at time to the mix. I also removed the two peels from the pan. I allowed the water and the milk to evaporate while I mixed everything and after that, I added the sugar bit by bit until I was happy with the sweetness level. When the mixture was looking like a soft cream, I distributed it in little bowls and added cinnamon and almonds on top (in my case, I got 8 portions).

It was delicious! 😋 We ate this little sweet in the afternoon while watching Disney's Hercules 🎬💪🏻🏹🗡(it was nice to heal yesterday's crying session hahah). What about you? How was your day?

*(André here. Just to say that I loved it 😋 (Daaaaaaamn, she cooks soo well! 😍and it was her first try doing that!)) 

(Português)

Hoje tirei o livro de culinária da prateleira e decidi tentar algo novo. Arroz doce é parte da experiência natalícia aqui então decidi arriscar e fazer a minha versão. Além disso, o André passou por aqui e eu queria fazer-lhe uma surpresa. Acho que até me saí bem 👩🏻‍🍳*.

Apesar de seguir o livro, alterei um pouco a receita porque ou não tinha os ingredientes certos (é muito costume aqui hahah) ou achei que era açúcar a mais 😅.

Receita:

Fervi água (700 mL) e adicionei uma casca de laranja 🍊 e de limão 🍋. Adicionei sal (colher de chá), canela (1/2 colher de chá), raspa de casca de laranja,  arroz (200 g) e manteiga (40 g). À parte fervi leite 🥛 (800 mL) e depois adicionei à mistura aos poucos. Tirei as cascas de limão e laranja. Deixei evaporar parte do leite e da água sempre a mexer a mistura e depois adicionei o açúcar aos poucos até estar docinho o suficiente para mim. Quando a mistura ficou cremosa, coloquei em tacinhas e pus canela e amêndoas por cima (no meu caso deu 8 doses mais ao menos).

Ficou delicioso!😋 Comemos este docinho durante a tarde enquanto víamos o Hércules da Disney 🎬💪🏻🏹🗡(foi bom para curar a choradeira de ontem hahaha). E vocês? Como passaram o dia?

*(Daqui é o André. Só para dizer que adorei!😋 (Meu deeeeeeus, ela cozinha mesmo bem! 😍 e foi a primeira vez que ela tentou fazer!))





Comments

Popular Posts